- There is a large number of women’s networks in the region, ranging in size and influence.
- Grassroots networks exist alongside high-level political and policy networks.
- Most are focused on women-only activities.
- The key areas of activity are: improving women’s entrepreneurship and developing women as business owners and business leaders; peacebuilding; reducing violence against women. There is a reasonable amount of work on women’s political participation, but not to the extent of the other areas.
- Mentoring and face-to-face networking are the most commonly used strategies. Most networks state the value of communicating with other women in similar positions. Therefore, conferences and events are the most common activities.
Map and analyse the international/cross-country women’s networks across the Middle East and North Africa.