- The Policy Practice holds an extensive range of resources on political economy analysis on their website, including a library of online PEA tools.
- The European Commission Capacity4Dev Political Economy in Practice group was set up to discuss and support the introduction of a ‘political economy’ approach in EC Development Cooperation, but it also includes regularly updated resources related to political economy analysis in general.
- The Achieving Sustainable Governance Transitions programme at the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) is researching how a range of political and governance factors/conditions affect development outcomes or, in other words, the incentives, behaviour and institutional features which can enhance or inhibit the achievement of outcomes in transition contexts.
- The politically smart, locally-led development project at the Overseas Development Institute aims to publish case studies of where better outcomes have been achieved by adopting a ‘politically smart, locally led’ approach.
- The Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre (ESID) is investigating the political drivers of inclusive development, particularly how state capacity and elite commitment can emerge and be sustained, as well as how to support these processes.
- The Developmental Leadership Program (DLP) has an active research theme around politically informed programming.
Political economy analysisClaire Mcloughlin
Topic Guide, December 2014